General Meeting the ISOC IoT SIG
Friday, 20 December 2019 – Sunday, 29 December 2019
By means of the Internet communication (Zoom session and group mailing list)
The livestream of General Meeting ia available
The record of General Meeting is available
The text version of record is available
The presentation is available
Proposed changes to the Charter (highlighted in color) is available
1. Report on 2018-2019
2. Directions and topics of the follow-up work IoT SIG
3. Bylaws: suggestion on content, approval
4. Standing Committees: number, structure, election of Chairs and Vice
5. Temporary Committees: number, structure, election of Chairs and Vice
6. Board of SIG: number, election of members
7. Executive Council: formation
Holding of the General Meeting and the discussion of the agenda and issues had an integral character by the form as a conference in a remote mode for all participants, the subsequent discussion in the mailing list of the SIG, and held for several consecutive days:
a) on December 20 from 1300 UTC to 1430 UTC remotely by means of the Zoom program (session https://cisd.zoom.us/s/2991019008)
b) during December 21 to December 29 (2400 UTC) in the mode of the group mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) Report on 2018-2019
Yuri Kargapolov reported about activity of the ISOC IoT SIG on 2018-2019. This one was submitted by presentation — IoT SIG. Summary Report. 2018-2019
2) Directions and topics of the follow-up work IoT SIG
Directions and topics of the follow-up work IoT SIG were presented on slide No.8 presentation. Directions and topics of the next period should be harmonized with issues of the ISOC Action Plan 2020.
In accordance with the proposals received, it was decided:
a) to adopt the suggestion of Benjamin Akinmoyeje: Start work on creating a questionnaire on the IoT issues that are relevant for specific regions
b) to adopt the suggestion of Patricio Carranza: Start work on creating an online guidebook for the training and educational programs
3) Bylaws: suggestion on content, approval
There were proposed changes to the text of the Bylaws, regarding to the Article XI. – Amendment and Voting Procedures. Board proposed and the General Meeting believed given to practical benefits from the adoption of such changes. As shown the practice of work, the existing provisions do not take into account the special features of operation SIG.
4) Standing Committees: number, structure, election of Chairs and Vice
In accordance with slides No.3 and No.4 of the presentation, decisions were discussed and adopted:
1) to adopt the list and number of Committees,
2) to initiate the Call to the positions of Chairs, Vice and members.
The General Meeting stress appreciation to members of SIG, which have made efforts in formation of the same Working Groups during 2017-2018 years and we again express our gratitude to them. We call for the active formation of the members and objectives of the committees Nominations for positions in Standing Committee will be open on a permanent basis.
5) Temporary Committees: number, structure, election of Chairs and Vice
In accordance with slides No.3 of the presentation and terms of the Bylaws take into account the need in formation of these Committees
6) Board of SIG: number, election of members
To prolong the responsibilities of current Board to the next period
7) Executive Council: formation
In accordance with the terms of the Bylaws proceed to formation of the Executive Board when Standing Committees, or part of thereof, has been formed.